{    Cnytr   }

{Friday, April 09, 2004  }


Doing this because I want people to let me know who they are ...

Who am I?

[Updated April 2005]

I am an East Coast blogger finishing up my sophomore year as a classicist at the University of Dallas. I am transfering to Catholic U and moving to DC in the summer. God willing, I will graduate in 2007.

I am, unfortunately, no longer in Army ROTC (2005). I still love the Army; I applied to West Point but did not get nominated.

I am also a Catholic blogger.

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, friend, listening ear, mentor, everybody's little mother, little sister of seminarians and a girly girl.

In my spare time when I'm not shooting things, I like to watch movies, read books, take digital photographs (though I confess I know little of actual photography techniques), and go for long drives on rural Virginia roads.

At one point I had here written, "I'm a linguist and I hope to study Arabic and go into intelligence and national defense -- conveniently enough, the Army provides both of these occupations simultaneously."

I am still a linguist, but I wonder if I am being called to work in intelligence anymore. I will probably end up teaching Latin somewhere.

I was 19 going on 90, but now I'm boring 20; I was homeschooled throughout highschool, and attended Catholic junior high. I have a thing for teddy bears, duckies, bunnies, birdies, flowers, and Father Ted.

I adore St. Thomas Aquinas and Thomistic philosophy and the Dominican order -- I entered the novitiate on January 28th 2005, the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas, in the St. Thomas Aquinas parish of the St. Thomas Aquinas chapter. I took the name Sr. Thomas Aquinas of the Most Holy Eucharist.

I also like Medieval Stuff; I'm definitely a medievalist. If it were up to me, I'd have everybody considering an Aristotelian geocentric universe and pondering the problem of the Universals. I still think academic works should be written in Latin, that schools and seminaries (especially Dominican ones) should learn Latin and learn it well.

I like history, especially Irish history, though it's really sad. France and Ireland are my favorite places in Europe.

I like the Beatles, too.
posted by Lauren, 3:36 PM